Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankfulness



Went to the holistic doctor last week to find out some  test results and it was really interesting.  Not necessarily cancer related BUT some preventative stuff to work on towards the future. There is a lot of information that I am not sure how to portray here so we will leave it with, it was money well spent for that appointment, thank you for your donations!

Kevin wrote a poem last week, that really woke me up to his feelings...he wanted me to share it on here:

                          A pawn can take down a king!!

                          Kinda like the beginning of a little sickness...

                          It could and would if you let it!

                          Back to learning!

                          Never feel like you're becoming dumb.

                          Start from square one and continue to no limit.

                         Learn and have fun with it!

                         Use your drive to thrive for commitment!

                         Use Gods path for adventures!  He's by your side for all, to prevent your fall.

                        Use every minute as valued time!

                        Time was not meant to rhyme.

                        Time was made for a journey of a good life time!

We received an awesome gift...HELICOPTERS!  Thank you thank you thank you!  Kevin was beside himself...as any man would be with a new toy like that.

With the holiday season in full swing, I want to take a minute to share what I am thankful for.  I heard last weekend that an old dear friend of mine lost her baby sister in a car accident.  She was at no fault, hit by a drunk driver...so devastating.  The thoughts and feelings the family must be feeling is so overwhelming, I can't imagine.  I am thankful  she has a relationship with God and she can keep her family centered and strong.  I am thankful to have love in my life and to have 2 special people to share Thanksgiving with.  I am thankful for resources to keep hope in Kevins heart and that there are tools out there to help him.  I am thankful for family and friends and NEVER taking any of them for granted.  Most of all, I am thankful for Jesus...without his love and acceptance I don't know where I would be today.


We had such a beautiful dinner, cooked all day for a 20 minute meal...I've never understood that.  But Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so that is the tradition.  Kevin carved his first turkey...what!!!  I couldn't believe it was his first time.  Noell even got to enjoy the food!






We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please remember during this holiday season what is important...life. :)

Love Us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment